Easy Vegan Spice Cake
Updated: Jan 13
If you aren't already following mommy Tiffany Sanchez aka @tati_chulo you REALLY should be! We admire her mindful, conscious approach to parenting, her yummy vegan recipes and watching her son Maceo hide from her during Hide & Seek sessions!
Check out Tiff's Vegan Spice Cake recipe below!
We cant wait to make this yummy treat!
Vegan Apple Spice Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line square pan with parchment paper.
3. Mix with spoon + whisk (no machines needed!) <– we LOVE that!
Mix the below wet ingredients so they can sit for a few minutes:
1 cup plant based mylk
1 tbsp vegan yogurt or apple sauce
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup of oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix the below dry ingredients:
1 Cup spel flour*
3/4 cup regular flour*
**you can also just use regular flour for both
1/3 cup sugar (your choice)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
peel and chop 1 apple & coat in maple syrup (feel free to add more apples if you'd like!)
1. Add dry ingredients to wet & combine.
2. Fold in chopped apples (or smash with masher).
3. Pour batter into lined pan & dust with coconut sugar.
4. Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. When cool add icing sugar (if you want!)
Tag us in your #quarantinebaking! We hope you enjoy!